Mailboxes are used to send and receive e-mails via client based mail software and can store mail on the hosting mail server.
Webmaster and postmaster mailboxes are obligatory created on each mail domain.
To create mailboxes:
- Click New E-mail in the E-mail Setup Functions section and fill in the configuration page:
- Enter mailbox name into the Email address box.
- Check AntiSpam/AntiVirus to enable antispam filtering and antivirus protection for your mailbox.
- Check the box next to MAILBOX and configure:
- Password: an alphanumeric combination that authenticates logging into the mailbox. It is required when you are logging into the mailbox outside your control panel or when you configure an external mail client to access your mailbox.
- Comment: enter description to help identify the mailbox.
- Catch All: This property is set for a mailbox resource to catch all mail sent to non-existent mail addresses at this domain. It can be enabled only for one mailbox per domain. Catch All can't be set for postmaster or any other mail resource but mailbox.
- Discard All Incoming Mail: If you don't need ALL your incoming mail, you can configure your mailbox to discard all incoming mail. In this case senders won't receive 'undelivered mail' notifications.
- Alias by: use this option for mass creation of mail aliases. Enter alias names (without the @ part) separated by ',' or ';' or 'SPACE'.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the form and agree with the charges, if any.
To remove a mailbox with preserving other services running on this e-mail address:
- Click the mailbox e-mail address in the E-mail list on the Mail Manager page.
- Uncheck MAILBOX and click Submit.
To remove a mailbox with other mail services running on this e-mail address:
- Go to the Mail Manager page
- Click the Trash icon next to the target mailbox
Mailbox Storage Quota
Mailbox quota defines how many megabytes of mail you can store in your mailbox. You can't store more than allowed by the mailbox quota. It's not included into the site disk space quota. If your hosting plan allows, you can increase the initial free mailbox quota.
To increase mailbox quota:
- On the Mail Manager page click the MB link in the mailbox Properties section:
- Enter new quota size in megabytes and click Submit.
From this moment on, you will be charged for the difference between this new amount and the free amount your hosting plan grants. This charge will be added to the recurrent fee at the beginning of each billing period.
Postmaster and Webmaster
You get Postmaster mailbox for free. Webmaster is a regular mailbox and it counts towards your total mailboxes.
When postmaster and webmaster mailboxes are created:
- Option Discard all incoming mail is enabled by default
- You can't change quota for the postmaster mailbox
- Postmaster mailbox can't be deleted